25 Apr 2024
Wednesday 17 May 2017 - 15:09
Story Code : 261308

Qalibafs withdrawal officially announced to Interior Ministry

IRNA Head of the electoral committee of Irans May 19 presidential election candidate Mohammd Baqer Qalibaf said his withdrawal has officially been announced in a letter to the Interior Ministry.


Mohammad Dehqan told IRNA on Wednesday the letter was submitted to Interior Ministry on Wednesday morning.

Qalibaf had already said in a statement, In the present juncture, what is important and vital is to maintain interests of people, the country and [the Islamic] Revolution. Now that this great ideal can only be achieved by changing the status quo, a big and crucial decision should be made in order to preserve unity within the front of Revolution. Therefore, I ask my supporters throughout the country to use all their potentials for the success of Hojjatoleslam Ebrahim Raeisi and his future government.

The 12th round of Irans presidential and the city and village councils elections are slated to be held on Friday.
https://theiranproject.com/vdcjyve8ouqemtz.92fu.html
Your Name
Your Email Address